Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Small Miracles

Today I ordered breakfast in bed. Yes, go ahead. Hate me. However, to "improve my Arabic" I turned on the TV, which has nearly 100 channels mostly in Arabic and English, but also in Urdu, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, and a few others. As I was flipping for something good, I suddenly saw Bryce Canyon and lo and behold a documentary was on the national parks of Utah in Arabic! More proof that Utah and Saudi Arabia have a lot in common. For more proof that Saudi Arabia is the Utah of the Middle East, just look at the pictures below, all of which are in Saudi Arabia.

I stole these pictures from another website (sorry!), but until I get a chance to visit these places, this will have to do. Seriously though; a few Artic Circles, more snow (there is snow is the higher elevations of Saudi Arabia and indoor man-made snow resorts!), a few polygamists in the desert, oh wait...

Still, the scenery is beautiful, when it's not intensely hot. It was, I think, around 110 degrees. But its a dry heat.

No comments: