Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane...

A more personal than philosophic entry today. I am leaving for Saudi Arabia on Sunday the 25th, 2008, to start my new job. Though I will periodically visit Saudia (as it is called colloquially in Arabic), I will not be working there primarily. My job will take me to many different countries including, but not limited to, America, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and possibly India.

I have a lot to do in preparation for this first trip. I need to plan my itinerary, determine what needs to be accomplished, buy outlet adapters for my camera, phone, computer, etc. That being said, this entry will be short as I need to get a lot done to prepare. I am at once excited, terrified, overwhelmed, intrigued, and even nonplussed. How such a whirlwind of emotions can coexist, especially in one normally so reserved, is not something I can easily explain.

I need to familiarize myself with the culture of Saudi Arabia more, brush up my spoken Arabic, buy a guidebook and a map, purchase sun glasses, and make a list of everything I could ever possibly need. I cannot say now whether I will have free access to write in this blog while I am in Saudia. It may have to wait until my return.

Sorry for the scattered, superficial thoughts, but my mind cannot concentrate properly now. I hope to be able to write more later.

No comments: